Day 8 - Logroño to Nájera

The hotel in Logroño was a slightly strange arrangement; I was emailed the key code to the front door and to my room and didn’t see a soul, still the room was very nice. Wandered into the back streets lined with tapas bars, bumped into several fellow pilgrims and settled down with them to a dinner of tapas with arguably the greatest pork crackling I’ve ever seen. Several glasses of excellent Rioja later and time for bed.

Logroño  is a big place, it’s the provincial capital of Rioja and I seemed to be walking forever before I actually got out of the city. A strange mix of vineyards and an industrial landscape, and it was rather nice to speak with precisely no one today, just alone with my thoughts.


A bit of a short entry today because whilst the hotel at Najera seems OK, it has no electricity and phone is running low on juice (might be an early night!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Thoughts from Pamplona

Day 1 - Thoughts from Roncesvalles

Thoughts from St. Jean Pied de Port