Day 28 - Gonzar to Melide
The hostel at Gonzar was certainly an improvement on the previous evening. Hostería de Gonzar was modern and fit for the purpose, rather than in any way charming. The food was good though; a thick, lumpy, green Galician soup and a tender steak and chips. Another30km+ day so another six o’clock start. A quiet day, not too much troubled by others and quite reflective as this adventure draws to a close.
As I’ve had to pick up my pace in recent days, I seem to have left the familiar faces of my ‘Camino Family’ behind. These are curious relationships, the binds of common purpose and the safety of strangers creating often intimate and intense conversations. I rather miss my loquacious Irishmen, jovial Aussies, melancholy Americans, and genial Brits. I wonder if I will ever see any of them again?
A long, hot day with several stops for orange juice and cake. Lots of little villages, many with curious rectangular structures called hórreos, traditional Galatian grain stores that look a bit like tombs.
Arrived in Melide a little after two – pretty desperate for a beer.
Comments
Post a Comment