Day 20 - León to Hospital de Órbigo

So, left León bright and early for a pretty dull 20-mile day as the path tracked along the main road nearly all the way to Hospital de Órbigo, my destination for today.  

Rather a nice medieval place where in the 16th century the Knights Hospitaller established a pilgrim hospital, and thus the name. Staying somewhere with ‘Hospital’ in the name is strangely appropriate as something’s gone a bit wrong with my leg, I’m told it’s likely to be shin splints and it’s bloody agony, so not sure what’s going to happen now as walking is a bit of a problem. Went along to a nice woman at the pharmacy who has given me straps and drugs. Also, I think I’ll take advantage of the transfer service tomorrow that takes your pack onto your next destination, rather than you having to carry it. I’ll take my own body weight in painkillers as well and we’ll see what happens. 

Great Albergue this evening and a lovely communal meal with a delightful woman and her daughter from Bermuda and a veggie meal which was the best of the Camino so far!




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Thoughts from Pamplona

Day 1 - Thoughts from Roncesvalles

Thoughts from St. Jean Pied de Port