Day 11 - Belorado to Santovenia de Oca
Great hostel last night, big attic room with a dozen beds and no bunks! Only moderate snoring and at least we didn’t have anyone making ‘inappropriate noises’ which a friend of mine had to endure in her room last night. Also, a fabulous and huge paella at the communal meal which I enjoyed with a rather dull, retired accountant from San Francisco, a nice Australian woman who worked in HR for a government department and was frightfully politically correct. A sixty something year old ultra marathon runner from Iceland and a large German man who simply had to know whether I am going to be wearing anything under my kilt at Jack’s wedding in September.
Another early start, another lovely morning and another 1000m + hill. A quiet day and bumped into what is becoming my Camino gang, my Irish friend is about to get a book published about his struggles with, and journey through addiction. My American friend was trying to explain her belief in Catholicism to me, I remain unconvinced…
I must leave the official path to find my hostel for the evening in a place called Santovenia de Oca. Keep you posted.
Comments
Post a Comment