Day 10 - Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Belorado

Nice hostel last night, clean and tidy with a fabulous washing machine. Then an excellent plate of pasta in a little restaurant which was just what the doctor ordered.

Now into week two with 230km covered of the total 800km, so about on track I reckon. Whilst I can certainly feel my feet in the evening, still no blisters and physically all seems OK. They say the first week is about the body (everything hurts…) the second week is about the mind (why the hell am I doing this?) and the rest of the time is about the soul (the question of life, the universe and everything) if I remain on schedule, I’ll be able to give you the answer next week.

As I slept so well last night, I was up early and on the road by 06:30. Lovely sunrise as I departed Santo Domingo through fields of wheat and corn. Stopped for coffee at a ‘breakfast van’ in Grañón and met with some Irish, Americans and Brits who I am getting to know.

The rest of the day was a quiet amble onto Belorado, where I have a bed booked at ‘hostel B’


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 - Thoughts from Pamplona

Day 1 - Thoughts from Roncesvalles

Thoughts from St. Jean Pied de Port